Plan a Visit
What to expect:
We understand that being the new one isn’t always fun. Here, at The Door Church, we strive to be different. You’ll feel welcomed the moment you arrive. Jesus had no agendas but to rescue and bring home the lonely and troubled, to set the captives free.
Whatever position life has you in, come expecting you’ll be released from burdens, fears, and worries.
We love our church and want you to be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Expect a vibrant time of worship from our contemporary team, prayer, a chance to give and of course the highlight of our services is the preaching of the good news. You’ll find us to be highly diverse in age, nationality and race, just like heaven will be. You will find a place here and our hope is you make us your church home. You are the reason why we put this website together.
It’s simple to get started. The moment you step in through the Doors, you’ll see our greeters ready to help you. Let them know you find out about us via the website and they will help you find your way and if you have babies or children, they’ll get you set-up with nursery or Children’s ministry as well.
Statement of Faith for The Door Christian Church of Chandler
• There is only one God, and that He is eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father is the Creator of the universe. He created man in His own image for fellowship, and called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man.
• Jesus Christ is eternally God. He was together with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning, and through Him all things were made. He left Heaven and became incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary; henceforth, He is forever one Christ with two natures–God and man–in one Person.
• The Holy Spirit is God, the Lord, and giver of life, who was active in the Old Testament, and given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost. He empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature, and conforms us to the image of Christ.
• The baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, subsequent to conversion, releases the fullness of the Spirit, and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
• In the Bible containing the Old and New Testament is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final, and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct.
• Christ’s vicarious death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world. Its benefits of healing (body, soul, and spirit) are provided for in the atonement as well.
• That salvation is a free gift of God, based on the merits of the death of His Son, and is appropriated by faith. Salvation is affected by person repentance, belief in the Lord Jesus (justification), and personal acceptance of Him into one’s life as Lord and Savior (regeneration).
• The Christian life is to be one of consecration, devotion, and holiness. The shortcomings of the individual are because of the still progressing sanctification of the saints. The Christian life is filled with trials, tests, and warfare against a spiritual enemy. For those abiding in Christ until their deaths or His return, the promises of eternal blessing in the presence of God are assured.
• The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God among the saints through the Spirit. Every believer born of the Spirit has a place in the church designated by God. A place where Christ is working in the lives of the called out ones and calling ministers to the great commission to go into all the world and make disciples of every nation.
• In the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is the outward sign of what God has already done in the individual’s life and is a public testimony that the person now belongs to Christ. It is identifying with the death and resurrection of Jesus and is done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the death of the Lord and is done in remembrance of Him until He comes again; it is a sign of our participation in Him.
• In the bodily, personal, second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the saints, the millennium, and the final judgment. The final judgment will determine the eternal status of both the saints and the unbelievers, determined by their relationship to Jesus Christ.
Jesus said without apology or flinching, “Follow me”. Others who followed Jesus were bold enough to say “follow me as I follow Jesus.”
But where were they all following Him to?
History teaches that Jesus was born and raised in a common middle eastern home but did very uncommon things. He was born from a virgin, did incredible miracles, was subsequently crucified, speared and murdered as an innocent man. He was then buried in a grave guarded for protection by Roman authorities.
So who is this Jesus and how can He help me?
The Bible also declares that after 3 days sealed in a tomb, watched by strict Roman centurion soldiers, Jesus came back to life from the dead. Neither soldiers, nor boulders, nor death itself was able to stop Him. He appeared to 500 people in one setting. He walked, ate with and taught many others.
Non-christian historians have wrote about Jesus’ incredible impact in human history. Our modern calendar has been divided between BC and AD based on Jesus birth and resurrection. No matter all the evidence, today mankind keeps trying to bury the facts about this incredible Jesus to no success. He continues to show Himself alive in countless hearts and minds of so many worldwide.
What makes Jesus more important than any figure in human history is not just His miracles, fame, but Jesus was more than a man… He is God. Every prophet before and after him pointed men to God, but Jesus pointed men to Himself. He made audacious statements like: “I am the way the truth and the life” and “If you have seen my face you have seen the Father’s face.” Other genuine men of God were appalled when people tried to worship them as gods, but Jesus did not discourage men to fall down and worship Him, rather encouraged them saying “where are the others?” and “if they will not shout (to worship and exalt as I pass by), the rocks themselves will cry out.” The Bible says that even demons knew Jesus and trembled in fear.
Look at what some notable people have said about Jesus
Christus… suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus.
~Cornelius Tacitus, Roman Historian / 55-117AD
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded an empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him.
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world.
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see.
~Benjamin Franklin, March 9th, 1790
I have decided to follow Jesus Christ with my whole heart. I find in Him the inner strength, the precepts and the lifestyle that can help me and all the people of Uganda to solve the problems we face individually and as a nation.
~Yoweri Museveni, President of Uganda / Speech to other African Leaders
Had the doctrines of Jesus been preached always as pure as they came from his lips, the whole civilized world would now have been Christian.
~Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States / June 26, 1822
(My) great joy and glory that, in occupying an exalted position in the nation, I am enabled, to preach the practical moralities of The Bible to my fellow-countrymen and to hold up Christ as the hope and Savior of the world.
~Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
All of these facts prove that whoever Jesus was and is, He is worth investigating.
Join us at the Door Christian Center this Sunday as we discover who Jesus is and how He can radically change your life by power. Our firm conviction is that Jesus alone can permanently break addictions, heal sickness and put back together broken hearts and families.
The Gospel simply means “The Good News”
Good news doesn’t seem good when I already have enough good things going for me. So let’s examine the bad news first. The Bad news is that everyone of us were born in sin which leads to death.
What is sin?
You know what it feels like when you do something bad. That’s sin in a nutshell. I’m sure we can all agree that lying, stealing, hurting others is bad. Its not just a learned behavior but its something we were born with. If you doubt that, just place innocent toddlers together in the same room. One will be selfish or steal from the other. Another will hit, lie or in any way hurt the other. No one at all had to teach them how to do those things. They just came out of the box that way. By the time they are an adult, that problem is multiplied severely.
Today’s problems are so many: Broken hearts, broken families, depression, lethargy, poverty, guilt and shame. Bad news. Right now, a lot of people are looking for good news in contrast to all we hear and see on television and the paper daily
The Good News, however, is so incredible. Its what we’ve all been waiting for. Its a promise that we can all receive. The promise of change, the promise of hope, the promise of a new life. That promise purchased at the cost of His life. That’s why Jesus Christ came, lived and died…to come heal your problem of sin. To erase all the years of horrible decisions, to give you a second or third chance if you need one. Jesus said “the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy, but I have come that you may have life and life more abundantly.” The bible declares that all you need to do is call out to Him, confess your sins wholeheartedly. He is 110% faithful and just to forgive and cleanse of every trace or evidence of your past.
Good News! All he asks in return? Your genuine heart. Jesus said if you confess me before man I will confess you before my Father. He wants a commitment from you. Not just a token religious mantra. This is why the good news is coupled with more good news. Jesus gave you His church. A church He also paid for by his own blood. A place and a people where you can assemble with living out a new, free and forgiven life. You can read about it in the Bible, but you can experience it now.
If you are searching for some clear answers about who God is, what He has and can do for you, we care and want you to know God in a personal way.
If you first met someone in just one hour, it would be safe to say, you don’t know them very well. What if you met 3 others who know that person very well and tell you about him from their own experience? Wouldn’t you begin to get a much better picture about who that person is than just a narrow one-sided viewpoint. That’s partly why God chooses to meet you, many times, through others who know Him well. A real Church is not some ornate religious cathedral, but simply a place, a gathering where you can come to know God better because you get to hear about Him. The Bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the world of God.
Learn more about the Church
If a friend allowed you to peer into her personal journal, you would immediately begin to know her far deeper than just an acquaintance. God gives you his own personal journal and memoir of Himself to you. It was written over the course of thousands of years through the hands of people who never met each other yet there is a mysterious tapestry and unity of their inspiration. These 66 separate books are synonymous with each other and join together an incredible singular story which is why the word Bible simply means “The Book”. The Bible is far different than the novels you find at Barnes & Noble. This is a book that historians have used to uncover archeological finds of the oldest known cities to mankind. This is a book that has consistently succeeded in telling what was going to happen in the future. It is a book of the past and the future, but most importantly, it is a book for the present, for now, for you. God wants you to know Him through his own personal memoir. God places much confidence in the written word that has not changed in thousands of years. As it says in the Bible “it is written…”
We whole heartedly would like to invite you to one of several Bible Studies throughout the week.
If you are brand new to church, you can check out the New Believers Class, which runs about 80% of the year on Tuesday evenings. This study will show you all the basics of what the Bible teaches to help you see things from Gods perspective. We believe that blessing flows from a life that is lived according to God’s will. You can experience that for yourself. This class circulates and is open enrollment throughout the year, so no matter when you jump in, that is the starting day for everyone. There, by the way, is always snacks and drinks available with a lively social atmosphere. Ask our greeters, staff pastors or any usher for more details.
During the Winter and Spring months we have Friday night home bible fellowships spread throughout the area, where you can meet new people in a casual environment, grab a snack and bring your bible! For more information please ask any usher, greeter or staff pastor for more details.
Our 40+ aged fellowship is hosted by one of our Staff Pastor’s and are held twice monthly. With 650+ years of salvation experience on-hand, you’ll love this group of believers and the wealth of experience they bring to your walk for Christ. Whether you’ve been saved for a few weeks or decades, you’ll love this fellowship! See the church calendar or ask any usher or greeter as well as any staff pastor for more details.
If you are under 18 and want to meet other like minded teens who gather for an evening of fun and sober teaching, hop into the crossfire hall at the church on Friday nights at 7:30pm.